Monday, October 26, 2009

Photo gallery: 2010 Volkswagen GTI

2010 Volkswagen GTII think a lot of people are going to be talking about the new Volkswagen GTI in the near future, so I figured I should give you a better look at the car by posting my 2010 Volkswagen GTI photo gallery as quickly as possible. You'll find more info about the car in the photo captions, particularly the interior and engine shots.

I'm heading into the Week from Hell, but I'll do my level-headed best to get my GTI test drive posted in the next couple of days. Along with the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi review I promised you. Wish me luck -- and take a closer look at the 2010 VW GTI. -- Aaron Gold

Photo © Aaron Gold

2010 GTI first impressions; getting ready for winter

Friday October 23, 2009

2010 Volkswagen GTII'm on my way home from San Francisco, where Volkswagen held a press preview for the all-new 2010 Volkswagen GTI. The short version: It's brilliant. Really brilliant. The GTI is going to be a real problem for the Mazdaspeed3 -- sure, the Mazda's more powerful, but the GTI is way better to drive, and the base price is the same, right around $24,000. I'll have my full review in a few days, but that's the gist of it: It's a fantastic car.

On a totally unrelated note, I think we should talk about Old Man Winter. Winterizing your car isn't the big deal it once was, but there are still a few things you should consider doing (links go to articles that tell you how to do 'em):

  • Assemble a winter emergency kit. You don't think getting stuck in the car on a snowy day is that big a deal until it happens to you. This article outlines a few extra items you should carry, just in case.
  • Clean and wax your car. Waxing your car in the autumn, before the snow flies, helps seal the paint and protect against rust -- and if you're going to wax, you might as well take an extra hour or two to give the car a thorough detailing. (It really isn't that hard to do.)
  • Check your car over for winter. Cars no longer require major winterization, but there are a few items you should have a look at before it's so cold that your fingers freeze to the outside hood release.

Stay warm! -- Aaron Gold

Photo © Aaron Gold

Test drive: 2010 Mazdaspeed3

Wednesday October 21, 2009

2010 Mazdaspeed3

The new-for-2010 Mazda3 is my favorite compact car, so I figured the hot-rod version, with its 263 hp turbo engine, would be a shoo-in for my affection. As it happens, the 2010 Mazdaspeed3 wasn't quite what I was expecting. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Find out in my 2010 Mazdaspeed3 test drive and review. -- Aaron Gold

Photo © Mazda

No comments:

Post a Comment